Siddhartha Academy of General
& Technical Education, better known as
Siddhartha Academy, came into being in the year
1975 with a Corpus Fund of Rs.25 lakhs (Rs.2.5
million) through the efforts of 250 Life members
drawn from different walks of life having a
philanthropic bent of mind. This was registered
as a Society under the Societies Registration
Act in the same year.
objective of the Academy is to establish and run
educational institutions offering education at
all levels in the fields of general, technical
& professional education. The Academy
started its strategic mission of spreading
education in Vijayawada in Krishna District of
Andhra Pradesh. The establishment of Siddhartha
Educational Institutions followed by the
establishment of other educational institutions
in the last 38 years transformed this city into
one of the major educational centres. As India's
second largest Railway Junction and as one of
the biggest Agro Commodity Trading Centres and
as the commercial hub of Krishna region, Vijayawada
has become the third important place in the
state after Hyderabad and
Today, the Academy sponsors 3 Junior Colleges, 3 Degree Colleges (UG & PG), 2 Engineering Colleges, 1 Medical College, 1 Dental College, 1 Pharmacy College, 2 Nursing Institutions, 1 Law College, 1 College of Education, 1 Hotel Management College, 2 Public Schools and a Training centre for Civil Services Examination. In addition, the Academy runs a Kalapeetham which has been rendering yeoman service to the world of art and culture and a Foundation which financially supports the needy for the promotion of education. Siddhartha offers education to about 21000 students out of which 11000 are boys and the rest are girls. The Academy has created employment in its educational institutions to more than 3200 people ranging from Doctorates to Matriculates and even below. 1500 strong teacher contingent and 1700 strong supporting staff happen to be the committed educational army of the Academy with noble and wise members of Governing body with their proven capabilities and highly reputed professional standing.
The Academy has been undertaking many pioneering ventures. Some of such records include
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College is the First Private Engineering College in the state of AP, 1977
- It is also the First institution in the private sector in the entire state to start M.Tech programmes (1999)
- Siddhartha Medical College was the First private Medical College in the state (1980-81)
- Kommareddy Venkata Sadasiva Rao Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical Sciences (1994) is the First Private Pharmacy college in the state
- Parvataneni Brahmayya Siddhartha College of Arts & Science PG centre is the First Private institution to start PG programmes in Arts and science (1987) in Vijayawada
- All the educational institutions established by the Academy have been recognized by the relevant statutory bodies
- Parvataneni Brahmayya Siddhartha Colledge of Arts & Science (Autonomous) has been awarded A Grade by NAAC for its conformance to quality standards
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala, one of the few Autonomous women's Colleges in the entire state, has been acaredited by NAAC with B+ Grade
- It is one of the very few women's Colleges in the state to have different certificate and diploma courses in addition to regular academics
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College is one of the foremost engineering college to obtain NBA Accereditation in the state (1998) and Autonomy (2006)
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College was the only college in the entire state to bag the TIFAC-Centre for Research and Excellence in Telematics, one of the most prestigious projects of the Government of India
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering college was awarded highest marks among private colleges for its IDP for the award of TEQIP Phase–II SC1.2, a World Bank project
- Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College possesses the First Beach volleyball court in AP
- Veeramachaneni Paddayya Siddhartha Public School has been bagging All India prizes in several activities including academics
- KCP Siddhartha Adarsh Residential Public School is a mini-India in the sense that pupils from 15 states are studying there. In addition, students hailing from 3 countiries make the institution truly international
- Placement activities are almost a regular feature in almost all the institutions of higher education of our Academy
There is a harmonious mingling of Education, Culture and Career orientiation for the students of Siddhartha. Siddhartha Academy contributes to both the hard skills and soft skills in a comprehensive manner. Our students have been registering resounding victories in co & extra-curricular activities, in addition to academics, braving stiff competition. Our Alumni have been recording astounding success in various walks of life........ from being Professors of eminence to CEOs of notable organizations ... from being Artists of excellence to Statesmen. North American Siddhartha Alumni Association (NASAA) based in Detroit, USA and such others amply represent successful global presence of Siddharthans.
We not only undertake 'Teaching' the elements of a syllabus
but also take up 'Training' the taught in the process of enabling.
||Sri Venkateswarlu Nalluri|
||Sri Rajayya Mallineni|
||Dr.Nageswara Rao C.|
||Sri Lakshmana Rao P.|
||Sri Venkateswara Rao Sureddi
||Sri Lalitha Prasad N.|
||Sri Krishna Rao Chanumolu|
( in alphabetical order )
|Sri Arun Kumar Chukkapalli
||Sri Azad Kumar Chalasani
|Sri Banerjee G.C.M.
||Sri Dutt Chalasani
|Sri Kishore Vadde
||Sri Kumar G.P.R.M.
|Sri Kusalava Chukkapalli
||Sri Madhava Rao Gullapalli
|Dr. Madhusudhana Rao Y.
||Sri Murali Krishna M.
|Sri Nagabhushana Rao Vellanki
||Sri Nagamalleswara Rao V.
|Sri Prabhas Parvathaneni
||Sri Prakash Rao K.V.S.
|Sri Ramakrishna Surapaneni
||Sri Satyanarayana Murthy A.
|Sri Srihari Rao Tatineni
||Sri Subhakara Rao Chintapalli
|Sri Vinaya Kumar Mummaneni
||Name of the Institution
||Year of establishment
||Parvathaneni Brahmayya Siddhartha College of Arts & Science
Post Graduate Courses started in 1987 (Academic Year 1986-87)
||Veeramachaneni Paddayya Siddhartha Public
||Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha
||Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila
||Y.V. Rao Siddhartha College of Education
||Smt. Velagapudi Durgamba Siddhartha Law
||Mummaneni Subba Rao Siddhartha Kalapeetham
||K.C.P. Siddhartha Adarsh Residential Public
||Kommareddy Venkata Sadasiva Rao Siddhartha College of Pharmaceutical
||Prasad V. Potluri Siddhartha Institute of
||Siddhartha Institute of Hotel Management
& Catering Technology
||A.G. & S.G. Siddhartha Arts & Science
College, Vuyyuru, Krishna Dist.
(Sponsors since 2001)
||Dr. Pinnamaneni Siddhartha Institute of
Medical Sciences & Research Foundation
||Dr. PSIMS & RF - School of Nursing
||Drs. Sudha & Nageswara Rao Siddhartha Institute of
||Dr. C. Sobhanadri Siddhartha College of Nursing
||Siddhartha Study Circle